Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Rewarded Sin

In reading Proverbs today, there was a scripture dealing with procrastination. It really got me, and it is amazing how one can read these chapters month after month... and still get something new each and every-time.

Proverbs 3:27-28
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do so. Do not say to your neighbor, “Go, and come back, And tomorrow I will give it,” When you have it with you.

I think this applies to procrastination in that often we have time and power to get something done, but choose not to because we would rather do something else...
I read a quote about this, and thought it was very fitting to this verse... So I made it up into a pic, to remind me how serious this action is.

I've procrastinated many times because of my laziness, but always laughed it off with a funny pic, joke, etc. The fact is, procrastination and wasting of time is not a laughing matter. Rather, as we see here, yet another sin of selfishness. 

So here's to focusing time and effort into completing a task for another as fast as possible, rather than focusing on myself and putting it off till I feel like it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment