Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Eyes of the Lord

I and some other friends have started a challenge which goes until January 7th, 2013 to keep us from becoming lazy over the christmas season, and to increase our walk with the Lord.

So, one of those challenges is to write about some thought, event, etc and reflect on it. We are supposed to do this once a day. Whether I'll be able to or not remains to be seen, but to reflect on each day the Lord has given us is an excellent habit to make, so here goes.

I was reading Proverbs 15 today, and this verse stuck out to me.

Proverbs 15:3 
The eyes of the Lord are in every place. Keeping watch over the evil and the good.
In light of the recent tragedy of the Connecticut school shooting, this brought me comfort. I was reminded nothing happens without the Lord's seeing or knowing.

Whether or not we will ever know why he allows certain evils to happen, that remains a mystery. We can rest in the fact though, that everything happens to His glory and plan.

Both the evil, and the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment